July 01, 2022
Summary of the circular issued by SEBI on 30/06/2022
SEBI amends disclosure format w.r.t public shareholding of specified securities w.e.f quarter ending 30/09/2022
Key Highlight of the revised format are as follows:
1. The names of the public shareholders holding 1% or more than 1% of shares of the listed entity should be disclosed in the prescribed format(as opposed to the existing requirement where only >1% is required to be disclosed).
2. The category ‘Institutions’ is split into two – Institutions (Domestic) and Institution (Foreign)
3. Few of the line items, which were earlier classified under Non-Institutions such as Overseas Depositories, NBFCs registered with RBI, have now been classified under Institutions (Domestic/Foreign).
4. A new column ‘Sub-categorization of shares’ has been introduced, which shall be filled-in based on the shareholding (no. of shares) under the following sub-categories:
(i) Shareholders who are represented by a nominee Director on the board of the listed entity or have the right to nominate a representative (i.e. Director) on the board of the listed entity.
(ii) Shareholders who have entered into shareholder agreement with the listed entity.
(iii) Shareholders acting as persons in concert with promoters.
5. Where a shareholder is falling under more than one category, then the same shall be classified in the category falling first in the order prescribed in the format. Shareholding under any of the categories shall be unique and shall not be duplicated under multiple categories.
Further, SEBI has notified that the disclosure w.r.t shareholding pattern of the Non Promoter and Non Public shareholder should contain the names of the shareholders holding 1% or more than 1% of shares of the listed entity (as opposed to the existing requirement where only >1% is required to be disclosed).
SEBI has also prescribed the format for disclosing foreign ownership limits, requiring listed entities to disclose the board-approved limits and limit utilized at the end of a quarter.
This circular is integrated in our free to use website ca2013.com.